1909 Backward-Forward Car "Peg"
Click Image for Gallery
• One of two electric vehicles purchased by the United States Government to transport passengers underground between the newly-completed Senate Office Building (later known as the Russell Senate Office Building) and the U.S. Capitol. • The two cars were nicknamed “Tommy” and “Peg.” • One of the eight vehicles that received conservation treatment as part of the Save America’s Treasures grant. • From the original Studebaker Collection.