The fourth annual Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm to be held Saturday, July 9, 2022,
at the historic Copshaholm Mansion in South Bend’s West Washington Street Historic District,
hosted by the Studebaker National Museum
SOUTH BEND, IN – The Studebaker National Museum announces vehicle applications are now open for the fourth annual Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm, co-presented by The JBS Collection & LaVine Restorations. This exclusive gathering celebrates automotive design, engineering and culture and will be held Saturday, July 9, 2022, in South Bend, Indiana. The Concours will open to the public at 10am and will close at 4pm. The Pass In Review and Awards ceremony will begin at 2:30pm.
This year’s featured marque is Chrysler. Other class highlights will include German cars, American “pony cars,” Jeeps, and Hudson and Nash automobiles. The 2022 Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm will also celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Avanti and recognize personal luxury automobiles from the 50s to the 80s. Full Classic® Packard, Pierce-Arrow, and Peerless automobiles will be featured as well as Studebaker Commanders and Dictators and American Motors-branded products.
Awards will be presented in all classes, as well as Best of Show and other special awards of distinction. The Concours at Copshaholm’s Chief Judge is renowned automotive scholar and historian Matt Short. Judging will be French Traditional. The awards ceremony will be narrated by automotive raconteur, Bill Rothermel. Special guest at this year’s Concours will be noted Avanti historian, Dave Kinney.
To submit your car for application, visit: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org/vehicleapplication/. The full class list is shown below. The submission deadline is March 18, 2022, and owners will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by April 11, 2022.
- The American Motors Corporation – 1958 and later American Motors Corporation and Rambler-branded automobiles
- The Avanti at 60 – Studebaker and post-Studebaker Avantis (Note: 35-year rule will be waived for this class)
- Commanders & Dictators – Studebaker Commanders and Dictators of all years
- Independent Thinking: Hudson & Nash – Hudson and Nash automobiles of all years
- Only In A Jeep – Jeep-branded vehicles of all years
- Personal Luxury – Two-door “personal luxury” vehicles from the 1950s through the 1980s
- Stablemates: The American Pony Car – Mustangs, Cougars, Camaros, Firebirds, Javelins and Challengers
- Teutonic Transportation – German automobiles of all years
- Ultimate Luxury: Packard, Pierce-Arrow and Peerless – Full Classic® Packard, Pierce-Arrow and Peerless automobiles
- Walter’s Chryslers – Chrysler-branded automobiles from 1924-1942
For more information, visit: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org.